It’s hard to avoid getting sick at work, especially if you work closely with other co-workers or clients on a day-to-day basis. With this approaching cold and flu season, how you care for yourself and your health is even more important than it ever is throughout the rest of the year. However, there are easy ways for you to limit your chances of catching a cold and calling in to work. Here’s 5 ways you can stop yourself from getting sick at work:
- Wash Your Hands: Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly, especially after using the restroom and before and after eating.
- Avoid Touching Your Face: Without realizing it, the things you touch around the office could carry germs that you unknowingly transfer to your face. Before you even think about resting your head on your hand, sanitize first!
- Sanitize: Keep a bottle of sanitizer at your desk or a pocket sized one nearby if you’re away from the office. If you’re not able to get to a sink to wash your hands, sanitizer is a good alternative.
- Clean Your Work Area Often: At the end of the work day, taking a can of Lysol and spraying or wiping down the various things you use on a daily basis on your desk is a good way to eliminate any bacteria that has accumulated all day.
- Keep Immune System Boosters On Hand: Having snacks and drinks throughout the day such as yogurt, berries, almonds, orange juice, or green tea nearby is a great way to eat healthy while increasing the strength of your immune system.
By following these easy germ-fighting techniques, you can easily avoid catching a cold or flu!